This week has brought me these things:
- 🍔 I really love this quote: “Social media is the junk food of social life” from Oprah’s Super Soul podcast. It marries so well with the feeling I have after being on “social” media just scrolling through the feeds - much like binging some fast food in an attempt to save time.
- 🧍🏻♂️ I have had a long history (as I’m sure most of you have too) of bad posture. During the last couple of weeks I have been trying to incorporate the exercises and advice from this video and remembering one of the rules in Jordan Peterson’s book, 12 Rules for Life; “Stand up straight with your shoulders back”…it’s a lot harder than it sounds to do it all the time. One thing I have found helps is thinking, ‘How would Jason Statham and ’The Rock’ stand?”
- 🎵 Tom Rosenthal’s latest single, Worry Not There Are Galaxies You Haven’t Heard Of is so beautiful and whenever I listen to it it puts me straight into a place of introspection and wonder. Just right for us creative types 🥰
- 🖥️ I'm switching all of my courses and products over to a new service, GoHighLevel, which I am very excited about. For those interested in online business this platform seems to have everything. Very excited about this switch! I do love Podia (my current course host) but they are lacking a few things that I use in my workflow that I currently pay for other services. (This switch reflects a rather large change for me)
- 🥶 My family and I drove to The Theatre Royal on Drury Lane in London to watch Frozen the Musical and it was AMAZING. The whole production was superb and completely magical. My favourite moments were Let It Go, the use of the ensemble cast to create beautiful choral arrangements and some stunning human-shaped sets!
- 👻 I've been having a lot of fun producing horror beds and jumpy horror tracks for Cinemalism.io recently. As part of this, I am going to be developing my Dark Organic Trailer Music course into a broader horror and thriller course. If there are any specific things you would like me to add to the course, then please let me know 😎
- ✉️ One of my readers, Ganna Sorbat, shared her epic cover of the Ukrainian National Anthem which she produced and sung with Mike Nova. The track is very powerful and sets the scene for the very powerful imagery of the video.
- 🌓 Often when I write these newsletters I have music playing. This is actually one of the reasons I love writing them as it gives me some time to listen to other music that is not my own. This week I have been listening to The Sands of Arrakis by SpaceWave - Cosmic Relaxation (who only recently made YouTube his full-time job 🙌🏼 - his video about this is very interesting)
You're a legend - thanks for reading 😄
Want to learn more from me? Check out my online video courses
- The Ultimate Trailer Music Bundle → Learn everything there is to learn about Trailer Music
- The Trailer Music Course → The perfect course to get you started writing trailer music
- Trailer Music for Beginners → Learn to create trailer music with nothing but FREE samples