In this session of The Trailer Music Composer’s Podcast, Rich speaks with an incredibly accomplished and experienced editor, Ric Thomas.
Ric breaks down what he looks for in the trailer music he edits to trailers.
Rich and Ric talk about:
- Ric’s background
- How Ric reviews tracks and what he listens for
- A walk through of a trailer campaign
- The different styles of trailer music – beyond epic
- Time as a factor in the creative process
- Developing resilience to deal with criticism and rejection
- An Editor’s advice to aspiring trailer composers