In this episode Richard talks to Aurélie Webb, a composer for film, TV, theatre and dance.
Aurélie Webb is a British composer based in the UK and New York. Specialising in scores for film and live performance, her eclectic, original yet accessible work bears the influence of music as wide-ranging as American minimalism and Ralph Vaughan Williams, Radiohead, and David Bowie.
Drawing on her classical background, Aurélie’s style has been variously characterised as having foundations of ‘formidable skill and imagination’, a ‘beautifulmodern melodic sense’ and ‘lyric spontaneity'. She is currently working on several short film projects and a mystery podcast series due for release in 2021.
Aurélie and I also talked about:
- First music compositions and start of Aurelie’s music career
- Experience with music professionals such as her collaboration with Cherry Moon, a Dance Choreographer
- Principles of Trailer Thriller Music Compositions – Sense of Character and Signature Sound
- Making the best use of Music Library, Scoring and Orchestra templates
- Dealing and coping with stress and negativity
- Work and life balance
- Proper use of social media
Links mentioned in the show:
Connect with Aurélie Webb